Meditation is one of the practices for achieving mental tranquility and increased awareness. There are many different styles of meditation, and the Silva Method is one of the most prominent. Many people swear by the benefits of the Silva Method of meditation.
Jose Silva is the creator of this self-help program. It teaches guided imagery methods to help people eliminate negative thoughts by rewiring their subconscious minds. It is well-known for assisting people in realizing their full potential and achieving their objectives.
This method is taught in workshops in over 129 countries. This type of meditation is known to boost one’s self-esteem and encourage positive thinking as well. It proposes that relaxation and cognitive development lead to a feeling of individual well-being. Keep reading to learn more about this method of meditation!
The Silva method is built on 3 principles and they are:
1. Alpha And Theta States Of Mind
These states refer to the brain wave states. When one is in an alpha and theta state of mind, it is equivalent to meditation, and the person becomes capable of putting their body in a state of conductive healing. In this state, the cells are known to repair themselves, stress is dissipated and the immune system is strengthened. This state of mind also helps one to get over negative habits, such as smoking, excessive drinking, etc. The person will also find it easier to overcome negative thoughts.
2. The Power Of Healing Imagery
Visualization of the end results is healing imagery. Once the person is in an alpha or theta state of mind, healing imagery can be done. One thing to keep in mind here is to do the visualization in the present. The feeling that you want to materialize should be felt in the present and not imagination in the future. If you want to overcome pain, say in the abdomen area, you are required to feel that you don’t have any pain now.
3. DBE Thought Process
DBE stands for Desire, Believe and Expect. The Silva method expects one to first develop a deep desire for the goal. This involves knowing what exactly is wanted. The next step is to believe with all your heart that it is possible to attain the goal. After that, there should be a complete expectation of the goal to happen. This can be applied to small goals, minor health issues to major goals, and severe issues. The DBE is based on the placebo effect. It can trigger self-healing if the patient believes that he or she can be cured. The fact is that actual medical drugs are treated against a placebo to check the effectiveness of the said drugs and that shows the power of a placebo.
Benefits Of Silva Method Meditation:
The basis of the Silva method is teaching people to listen to their own bodies and control them using their minds. The skills that the Silva method teaches are:
- Deep relaxation of both body and mind.
- Meditating immediately with eyes closed or open.
- Cure for Insomnia ─ Going to sleep in one minute.
- Pain control ─ Silva practitioners are able not to mind the intermediate pain and can get cavities filled or receive colonoscopies without any anesthetics.
- Blood flow control, leading to primitive temperature control – ‘send heat’ to hands or places in the body. At advanced level, this can also be used to lessen blood flow to moderate cuts.
- Self-diagnosis of mental and emotional challenges.
- Memory replay of past events (useful for finding dropped keys, etc.).
- Intuitive understanding of subconscious sides of self (useful for overcoming blockages).
- Intuitive understanding of the subconscious sides of others.
- Brainstorming and idea formation.
More Information on the Silva Method Courses