At the core of any Isagenix System is IsaLean® Shake. What is IsaLean Shake? Its chief function is to serve as a nutritious meal replacement. With a proper balance of protein, good fats, and low-glycemic carbohydrates, along with a full spectrum of vitamins and minerals, IsaLean Shake takes all of the guesswork out of nutrition for weight management and muscle maintenance.
When trying to lose weight, maintain a healthy weight, or simply lead a healthy lifestyle, having a delicious meal that can easily be consumed on the go is key. Unfortunately, many of the options on the market today are essentially comprised of protein, artificial sweeteners, and vitamins. Without the proper balance of macro- and micronutrients, a meal replacement will not be able to do its primary job—nutritionally take the place of a meal.
Now we know that by looking at the ingredient list of IsaLean Shake, there might be some questions about what ingredients are and what they do. It’s why we thought we’d give you an ingredient-by-ingredient breakdown. As you’ll notice, each ingredient serves a purpose to make the shake a great tool for your health and weight management.
A Good Meal Replacement Starts With Quality Protein
One of the most important aspects of any meal or meal replacement is the source, amount, and quality of protein. The protein in IsaLean Shake helps to set it apart from other meal options. Packed with 24 grams protein from undenatured whey and milk, IsaLean Shake helps satisfy hunger, optimize muscle building, and support fat burning (1-4).
- Exclusive Myo-IsaLean Complex™: A proprietary blend comprised of undenatured whey protein, milk protein concentrate, and nonfat dry milk. Our dairy proteins come from cows that are grass-fed and not treated with routine antibiotics or hormones.
A Low-Glycemic Nutritional Profile Offers Slowly Absorbed Carbohydrates
Carbohydrates, which include sugars, are the preferred source of fuel for your brain and immune system. However, a high dose of refined sugars can cause your blood sugar to spike and then crash, leaving you feeling fatigued, hungry, and unsatisfied.
For the purpose of helping you stay energized yet keeping blood sugar in check, it’s important to choose meal replacements that are tested for their glycemic response. For example, Isagenix IsaLean meal replacement options are tested and labeled as “low-glycemic” referring to the slower rate that the carbohydrates are absorbed from these foods.
- Fructose: Fructose is found naturally in fruits and vegetables, and unlike other sugars, it is low-glycemic. In addition, fructose is also a little sweeter than other sources of sugar, providing a naturally sweet taste with less use of sugar overall.
A Combination of Good Fats Offers Proper Digestion, Nutrient Absorption, and Health
Getting enough of the right kinds of fat every day is an important part of any healthy diet. IsaLean Shake is equipped with 6 grams of good fats, supplied for optimal nutrition. Fats are crucial not only for proper digestion and absorption of some vitamins, but also for many different body functions. Isagenix users can be confident knowing that they are getting proper amounts of fats from nutritious sources.
- Sunflower oil powder: Extracted from the seeds of sunflowers, sunflower oil is a source of polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats.
- Medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil: Extracted from coconuts, MCT oil is a source of fat that is more rapidly absorbed and used as energy because of its relatively smaller chain length.
Dietary Fiber Supports Your Gut
Fiber is an important aspect of any diet because it helps with satiety and helps promote digestive regularity. Unfortunately, most people fail to consume adequate fiber in their diet (5). Working to help close this gap, each IsaLean Shake supplies 8 grams of fiber.
- Digestion-resistant maltodextrin: A natural digestion-resistant starch that acts as a prebiotic fiber, supporting beneficial bacteria in the gut.
- Cellulose: An insoluble plant fiber that not only helps create the IsaLean Shake’s creamy texture but also adds dietary fiber.
- Chia seed powder: An extract from the seed of the chia plant that supplies insoluble fiber and also happens to contain good fats.
Digestive Enzymes and Probiotics
Consuming a healthy meal is important, but your body needs to be able to break down and use the nutrients from your meal to receive benefits. That is why IsaLean Shake comes with its own blend of enzymes to ensure that your body is getting the most out of each sip. The active enzymes in combination with probiotics in IsaLean Shake also supports digestive health and regularity.
- Enzyme blend: A blend of digestive enzymes incorporated into IsaLean Shake to aide absorption and digestion of macronutrients.
- Lactobacillus acidophilus: A beneficial probiotic bacteria belonging to the genus Lactobacillus that resides in the GI tract and is commonly found in dairy products like yogurt.
A Full Spectrum of Vitamins and Minerals
With 23 vitamins and minerals, IsaLean Shake provides the micronutrients that are often lacking in a typical diet. Getting a full spectrum of vitamins and minerals in one meal is hard to do, but near impossible in under 250 calories per meal. IsaLean Shakes provide maximum nutrition in minimal calories.
- Magnesium oxide, magnesium gluconate: A source of magnesium, an essential electrolyte mineral.
- Ascorbic Acid: Also known as vitamin C, a water-soluble vitamin and antioxidant.
- Biotin: A water-soluble nutrient belonging to the B group vitamins.
- Sodium selenite: A source of selenium, acts as a cofactor of antioxidant enzymes.
- Vitamin E succinate: A fat-soluble nutrient with antioxidant properties.
- Copper gluconate: A source of copper, an essential trace mineral.
- Beta carotene: A source of fat-soluble vitamin A that belongs to the carotenoid family.
- Zinc oxide: A source of zinc, an essential trace mineral.
- Manganese gluconate: A source of manganese, an essential trace mineral.
- Potassium iodide: A source of iodine, an essential mineral.
- Niacinamide: Also known as vitamin B3 or niacin. Niacinamide is the non-flushing form of niacin.
- Cholecalciferol: Also known as vitamin D3, an essential nutrient.
- Chromium chloride: A source of chromium, an essential trace mineral.
- Molybdenum yeast: A source of molybdenum, an essential trace mineral.
- Pyridoxine hydrochloride: One of three forms of vitamin B6 that is found naturally in a variety of foods such as avocado, soybeans, fish, lima beans, chicken, and bananas.
- Cyanocobalamin: Also known as vitamin B12, is a water-soluble vitamin.
- Folic acid, L-5-methylfolate calcium: Sources of folate, an essential B vitamin necessary for metabolism.
- Riboflavin: An essential B vitamin necessary for metabolism.
- Thiamin hydrochloride: A source of thiamin, an essential B vitamin necessary for metabolism.
- Tricalcium phosphate: A source of calcium.
- Potassium citrate: A source of potassium, an essential electrolyte mineral.
- D-calcium pantothenate: Also known as vitamin B5, supports carbohydrate, fat, and protein metabolism.
- Ionic Alfalfa™: A proprietary alfalfa juice concentrate containing organically bound trace minerals.
Flavor Gives It Character
No matter how good for you something may be, you probably aren’t going to drink it if it doesn’t taste good. When creating each IsaLean Shake, taste was taken into careful consideration. There are no artificial flavorings or sweeteners added to enhance the flavor of any Isagenix products. IsaLean Shakes include only natural flavorings:
- Natural Flavoring: “Natural flavors” is a regulated industry term used to define flavorings that are created using only components found in nature. They are generally made up of essential oils, essences or extracts, fruit juices, and spices. For more information, check out this article.
- Xanthan gum: A natural gum that acts as a soluble fiber and is used as a thickener in IsaLean Shakes.
- Stevia leaf extract: A South American herb that is naturally sweeter than sugar and provides no calories.
Other Ingredients Help with Manufacturing
- Silicon Dioxide: A naturally occurring mineral that is used as an anticaking agent that helps maintain the proper texture of IsaLean Shake.
- Magnesium stearate: A vegetable-derived salt and source of magnesium used during the manufacturing of the shake.
A No-Compromise Quality Shake
When it comes to creating each product, we follow the Isagenix No-Compromise Quality Policy. These stringent quality standards start with the selection and rigorous testing of each individual raw material. It’s an extensive and thorough process, set up to ensure our commitment to the highest standards of manufacturing and quality assurance.