“Comfortable in your own skin” is an idiom that refers to being relaxed and confident in how you present yourself and interact with others. It can also mean being content and happy with the way you are.
Some signs that someone is comfortable in their own skin include:
- Confidence They are self-assured and comfortable expressing their opinions and ideas.
- Authenticity They are true to themselves and don’t feel the need to pretend to be someone they’re not.
- Understanding They have a clear, satisfying understanding of their own abilities and situation.
- Self-acceptance They know who they are and accept themselves. They accept themselves even the dark spots they don’t want others to see.
Not feeling comfortable in one’s own skin can mean not accepting who you truly are. It can also mean seeing your strengths and weaknesses learning to embrace them and working on personal growth as needed.
Some ways to feel more comfortable in your own skin include:
- Practicing gratitude
- Reading inspiring books
- Finding a movement that you like
- Giving yourself compliments
- Getting dressed up every once in a while
- Taking cute photos of yourself
- Practicing healthy social media habits
- Changing your mindset
- Prioritizing yourself
- Making healthy choices